Tuesday, February 1, 2011

So, where do I begin the effort to simplify my life?

The simple life may always be just an illusion for me.  I research new ways to make things I do a little easier.  I create plans and spreadsheets to follow.  I build new devices that are supposed to make my chores and activities easier.  Some work and some fail.  In the end, the weakest link is me.  I procrastinate.  I drop the ball and I don't stick with the plan. 

I know what I need to accomplish.  I know what I need to do.

The short list of plans:

Problem:
I need to cook dinner most evenings, and send nutricious lunches to school most days.  I need a meal plan that is quick and easy to prepare.  I want to shop for food less often, save some money while doing it, and cook food that tastes good that my family likes to eat.
Solution:
I will create a meal plan to cover six weeks, that is full of entrees my family enjoys eating.  I will attach needed recipes to meal plan.  I will create a grocery list to accompany the meal plan.  I will attempt to shop once a week, and spend one day chopping, combining, precooking, and freezing foods that can be prepared ahead of time.  Hopefully, I will be much closer to completion when I begin cooking dinner for the day.

Problem:
I feel out of control and feel like the house could be cleaner.  Recently, we added a dog to the family.  She is a good dog, and she doesn't destroy anything in the house.  She does, however, smell like a dog.  I smell dog at other people's houses, and I don't want people to smell dog or cat when they come to mine.  Although everything may be picked up and appear to be clean, I want to know that everything has been cleaned in my home at least once a week.  A new feature to my life is wood floors and stained concrete.  These floors show dirt and debris more than the ceramic tile I was used to cleaning.
Solution:
I will create a weekly chore list for the kids to assist me in keeping the house clean.  I will create weekly, monthly, and yearly checklists for cleaning the house.  I will research necessary shortcuts for cleaning.  I will personally make myself clean areas concerning the dog, cat, and wood and concrete floors more often.

Problem:
I am overweight.  I know this is a fact because I own mirrors.  After battling a cold over Christmas, I lost 7 pounds.  I have been able to keep that weight off by doing absolutely nothing.  I would like to be 30 to 40 pounds lighter.  I would like to wear smaller clothes and I would like to feel healthier.
Solution:
Lose weight, duh!  I will eat less, eat better, and exercise more, and do that more often.  It sounds so simple when I type it, but it isn't that simple in real life.  I get busy taking care of my husband and the kids, and I put myself on hold.  I   I will change that.

So, today I begin my quest for a simpler, easy life.  I will try to entertain you and inspire you with my ideas to make life easier.  Here we go!

So, what's for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment